Black roses are a unique twist on a floral arrangement classic. Order a black rose bouquet today from ProFlowers to surprise someone with an appreciation for the avant garde.
We're sorry, there are no results available for your combination of filters
How Long Do Black Roses Last?Typically, cut roses last about a week, and that includes our black rose bouquets. However, there are a few simple things you can do to try and prolong your black roses for as long as possible:
- Cut the stems at a diagonal to ensure all the flowers are able to sufficiently absorb nutrients.
- Place the black flower bouquet in cool water with the provided flower food.
- Keep your arrangement out of the direct sunlight.
- Store your flowers in the fridge overnight.
How are Black Roses Made?There are several ways to make black roses including using dyes, dipping or spraying roses with paint, and even burning them. However, the most common technique among professional florists is using dye to turn the petals black. This is done by placing a white rose bouquet in water that has been treated with black floral dye. To make your own black bouquet, you should:
- Remove foliage (leaves, thorns, etc.) from roses
- Cut the stems at an angle to allow the dye to absorb properly
- Leave the roses in the dyed water for about an hour