You’ve got Mother’s Day flowers, a gift, and you’ve hunted down the perfect card… and now you’re stuck. We can relate: There’s nothing like the blank inside of a card for making a person forget their words (how do you spell ‘mom’ again?), especially with all the awesomeness of your mom to get down on paper. No pressure.
Good news is, you don’t have to sweat it this time. We’ve got 25 Mother’s Day messages for cards to inspire you here – and five tricks to help you find just the right words to remind your mom why you’re her favorite.
Still stuck on the gift part? Oops! Check out our awesome range of Mother’s Day flowers and gifts here.
Mother’s Day messages for moms
Where to begin? You could take some inspo from the great, the wise, and the witty, and have a look at our roundup of 80 Mother’s Day quotes. Or you could use our Mother’s Day poem generator to send something unique. Or funny, or weird. Please use the poem generator responsibly.
Want to write your own Mother’s Day message? Here are some ideas:
- Pick out a great memory of your mom – an awesome day out, or a time she really had your back – and write about it.
- Tell her about the best piece of Mom wisdom she’s passed on. Let’s face it, she’s right: your glasses do make you look smart.
- As we get older, most of us get that sneaking suspicion that we’re becoming a bit like our parents. That hobby you hated as a teenager but love now, your taste in sweaters, the family way of laughing… It’s not all bad news: Thank your mom for passing on these gifts.
- Or make a joke about the good habits you wish you’d picked up – thanks for the great hair, mom, but if only I’d inherited your DIY skills as well…
- What’s she like when she’s not doing the mom thing? List a few ways your mom would amaze you even if she weren’t, you know, your mom.
Still short on ideas? Try one of the sample messages for Mother’s Day below:
- Wouldn’t have made it this far without you, Mom! Happy Mother’s Day.
- Now that I’m older (and maybe just a little wiser) I feel so grateful that you’re my mom. Thank you for years of love – and patience!
- To the best mom ever: Thanks for always being there.
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite and best-looking child!
- Happy Mother’s Day to my smart and beautiful mom. Thanks for being such an inspiration.
- To the wisest and best mom in the world: You’re right about everything, except the things I’m not willing to admit yet. Have a very happy Mother’s Day!
- I am so proud that you’re my mom. Thanks for all you do!
- Wishing you a wonderful Mother’s Day, packed with pampering and presents. You deserve it!
- I’m so lucky that you’re my mom. Not just because of your great advice, your kindness, and your patience, but also because no one else would put up with me.
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mom in the whole world.
Mother’s Day messages for grandmothers
Grandmothers do so much for us when we’re kids. Expert babysitter, genius chef, a source of sage wisdom and hilarious memories of your mom or dad as a kid: Grandma is all these things. Here are a few sweet Mother’s Day messages for grandmothers:
- Happy Mother’s Day to an awesome grandma, and a great inspiration!
- Like my mom before me, I learn so much from you! Have a fantastic Mother’s Day, Grandma.
- Thank you for teaching me so much, and spoiling me so often!
- Can’t miss wishing you a happy Mother’s Day and telling you how grateful I am for all the wonderful advice (and cooking) you’ve given me. Have a great one!
- Mom has always told me that she learned to be such a great parent from you. Thanks for everything, Nanna!
Mother’s Day messages for a wife or partner
Mother’s Day is a great opportunity to celebrate your other half and all that she does to keep chaos at bay as the kids grow up. After all, you’re a team! Here are a few sample messages for Mother’s Day to start you off:
- To our family’s best doctor, teacher, referee, getaway driver, handywoman, mentor, and chef – and the world’s best mom.
- Thank you for raising our little terrors with me. I couldn’t do it without you.
- It’s been seven years, and I’m still in awe of the brilliant woman I married. Thank you.
- I feel so lucky to have this family. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Thank you for being such an amazing mom to our kids. I love you more every day.
- I am so lucky to have found such a great partner, and such a fantastic role model and mom for my daughter. Thanks so much for all that you do for us.
Mother’s Day messages for friends, aunts and mentors
They say it takes a village to raise a child (or in some cases, a city), and it’s true: there’s probably lots of women in your life who support you. Why not send a card or flowers to show your appreciation? Here are some sweet Mother’s Day messages for friends, aunts, and other role models:
- A Mother’s Day message for a friend and fellow parent: To a great fellow mom, and an inspiration: Happy Mother’s Day! Wishing you a fantastic day with your kids.
- For a friend and mom-to-be: Happy Almost-a-Mother’s Day! Can’t wait to spoil your little one when she arrives. You’re going to be a great mom.
- For an aunt who’s always there for you: I’m so grateful to have found a second mom in you, and an awesome friend. Thanks for always being there for me.
- For a role model who makes a difference: Thank you for everything you’ve done for me! So glad to have met you, and to have found such an amazing influence in my life.
Are you a pro at this already? Do you have a favorite Mother’s Day message? Share your greatest hits below – we’d love to hear from you.