If you haven’t had the chance to celebrate your best friend lately, you’re not alone. We are all missing our besties (especially right now) and probably just want to give them a big squeeze! Luckily, right around the corner is one of our favorite holidays here at ProFlowers. National Best Friends Day falls on June 8th and we couldn’t be more excited to see our favorite friends again and spend some much needed time together! Whether your friendship is an LC, Heidi relationship or more of a Rachel and Monica sisterhood we’ve got you covered with every way to shower them with the best friend feels they deserve.
Not able to see your bestie this holiday? No problem! We’ve curated ideas for how to celebrate together or apart this Best Friends Day to make sure you spend the day how you deserve – best friend style! Keep reading or jump to a specific part of our guide below for ideas and inspo on how to celebrate together apart, or for more information on the holiday itself! Cheers!
- What is National Best Friends Day: A Quick History Lesson
- Who to Celebrate on Best Friends Day?
- How to Celebrate Best Friends Day Together
- How to Celebrate National Best Friends Day Apart
- Instagram Captions to Capture Best Friends Day 2020
- National Best Friends Day Quotes From Famous Fictional Best Friends
- Inspirational National Best Friends Day Quotes
- Best Friends Day Quotes That Will Make You Cry
What is National Best Friends Day: A Quick History Lesson
June 8th celebrates National Best Friends Day, a day to honor the one (or ones) you consider a “best friend”. The holiday officially started in 1935, when the U.S. Congress gathered to devote a day each year in tribute to close friends. They chose June 8, which is usually a warm and sunny day in many regions of the country — perfect for outdoor celebration and fun. Since then, many other countries have adopted the practice, some even throwing festivals of their own to celebrate.
This holiday has even inspired other friendship-themed days for celebration, including Friendship Day, Women’s Friendship Day, and even an entire week called Old Friends, New Friends Week. It wasn’t until using social media became involved that the holiday rose in popularity due to mass amounts of Instagram posts being dedicated to celebrating and sharing friendship! We have rounded up some of the cutest Instagram captions to properly shout out your bestie further in the post but first, let’s explore who exactly you should be celebrating on Best Friend’s Day!
Who to Celebrate on Best Friends Day?
Describe your best friend. What are his or her qualities? Are they loyal, kind, or is their superpower that everything they say makes you laugh? Whatever quality you love most about your bestie, let’s honor that on National Best Friends Day! When celebrating your bestie, think about all they have done for you and how they have been there through the good times and the bad. Have you just met or have they been in your life since day one? Will they be the best man or maid of honor at your wedding or perhaps, the person of your dreams? Let’s raise a glass to those best friends of all shapes and styles by finding the perfect way to celebrate them today. Choose an activity to share together through our ideas below!
How to Celebrate Best Friends Day Together
For spending the day together this National Best Friends Day, we’ve rounded up fun activities to do at home! Due to current events, staying home is vital but can still be fun and we’ve armed you with some sweet ideas to spend together.
1.Plan a Bestie Backyard Picnic
The historians said it right, Best Friend’s Day is meant to be spent outside and in the sun but that doesn’t mean you have to leave your home! Plan a backyard picnic that your bestie will love. Add a theme to your picnic with fun decorations and complimentary sweet treats that are sure to make an Instagram-worthy moment. Grab a big blanket and pack a meal for you too to spend in the sun. Don’t forget music and a bouquet of flowers to surprise them!
2. Make a Best Friend Movie
If you and your bestie went on a memorable vacay together or you have a compilation of your favorite moments on film, make a best friend movie to watch together! Don’t forget a bloopers part to laugh about funny moments you won’t forget!
3. Throw Them a Cocktail Party
Everyone loves DIY cocktail tutorials, and this holiday you can surprise your bestie by creating one yourself and naming it after them! Buy the ingredients ahead of time or make them yourself and wow them with their fave flavors a la cocktail! Don’t forget the cocktail dresses and fancy glassware for the perfect social media story!
3. Zen Out Together
Bring the spa to you by DIYing an at-home zen-den with special treatments you can make from home! DIY face masks, manicures and equip your spa with cucumber water and lounging robes. For an added bonus livestream a yoga class on Youtube to share a meditative moment together.
4. Cook Them Their Fave Feast
Everyone enjoys when someone goes out of their way to cook them a meal. Whether they have a favorite food or you decide to recreate a fave meal shared together (think your recent trip to Spain) to make it one of a kind just like they are.
5. Love Them a Latte
Take an at-home latte art class by searching for classes online or use our bouquet and latte pairing guide for inspiration. Steam milk with a frother and grind up some beans for a kick of energy to start National Best Friend’s Day off right! Add in their favorite flavors like vanilla, lavender or hazelnut!
6. DIY a Dance Party
A best friend knows their bestie’s fave tunes. DIY a playlist you know they’ll love and throw an impromptu dance party complete with custom dance moves. Save your playlist so they can cherish the custom gift you compiled for them.
7. Wine and Dine Them
Everyone loves a wine tasting party! Treat your bestie with their favorite type of wine, flowers and of course an over the top charcuterie spread to make their day and fill their belly!
8. Tik-Tok Together
Learn a new dance move or create the next viral video yourself by filming a fun video for Tik-Tok together. Best Friend’s Day is all about being silly and making memories together so why not get groovy and have a few laughs on the way.
How to Celebrate National Best Friends Day Apart
We know times are tough, but just because you are celebrating National Best Friends Day without your bestie by your side doesn’t mean you can’t throw them the best (and most memorable) holiday yet! We have gathered some amazing ideas to throw a fun (and safe) filled Best Friend’s Day sure to make your fave guy or gal feel just as special as they deserve. Peruse our ideas below for some ideas on how to celebrate National Best Friend’s Day apart!
1. Virtual Vegas Night
You too can “wake up in Vegas” with a Vegas themed Best Friends night! Create a full itinerary with a check-in phone call, virtual poker tables and a nightclub themed dance party! Use FaceTime or conference call sites like Zoom to share every moment together. Plus many conference lines allow you to have multiple callers so you can invite all of your friends to partake in the festivities!
2. Send Them Flowers
This is one of the best and safest ways to celebrate National Best Friends Day! ProFlowers offers no contact and totally safe flower deliveries so you can rest easy knowing that your bestie will be gifted in good hands. What’s her favorite bloom or his favorite plant? Send some joy and a surprise to their door for Best Friend’s Day!
3. Host a Virtual Dinner Party
Whether they’d prefer a mystery-theme, game night, or fancy dinner party make it virtual and share it together! Equip your event with custom virtual dinner invitations, a theme they’d love and a dress code to impress! Explore other ideas in our guide to hosting a virtual dinner party to make the night one they won’t forget!
4. Drive By Celebration
Do like the influencers do and coordinate a mile long carpool parade for National Best Friends Day! If that’s not quite their style, simply drive by their house with balloons and a sign to treat them to a shout out and wish them well.
5. Deliver Champagne to Their Door
With so many delivery apps, be sure to order your bestie a bottle of bubbles to pop in celebration. This gift will make him or her feel like the king or queen they are and help them get in the spirits of friendship!
6. Order Them Dinner
If sushi or a yummy pizza is their delicacy, put your skills to the test and recreate a gourmet meal for them at home. Drop it off at their front door with a card that tells them to enjoy the treat with complimentary music and ambiance for a full culinary effect. If cooking isn’t your cup of tea then order a meal for delivery via the many food delivery apps. Supporting small businesses while supporting your bestie is a win-win!
Instagram Captions to Capture Best Friends Day 2020
Whether you are able to reconnect with your best friend this National Best Friends Day or not, celebrate the holiday by shouting them out on Instagram or their favorite social media platform. Choose from one of our Instagram captions to best capture Best Friends Day 2020.
- From our first crush, to the first glass of wine we shared, we’ve been in this together.
- Love my partner in crime.
- A good friend knows all your stories, a best friend lives them with you.
- I love you because you get my weirdness.
- Friends come in waves but a best friend is forever.
- Friends are ordinary, best friends are extraordinary.
- Times are tough but my best friend is tougher.
- F is for friends who do stuff together.
- You CAN sit with us.
- Friends until the very end—and then some.
- Girl’s night, every night.
- We’re hotter than hot sauce.
- Besides pizza, you’re my favorite.
- Life’s too short and so are we.
- Always better together.
- We do a thing called what we want.
- Very pretty and we sure know how to run things.
- Friends ‘till the end.
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns.
- Friends who slay together, stay together.
- Love you to the 🌙 and back.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- We only roll with goddesses.
- Friends don’t let friends do silly things (alone).
- I’ll even let you post the photos I look bad in.
- No friendship is an accident.
- I love my crazy best friends.
- Life is better with true friends.
National Best Friends Day Quotes From Famous Fictional Best Friends
If you need more inspiration for Instagram or just want to add a sweet quote from their favorite Netflix show or movie why not pick one that speaks to friendship. Better yet choose one from a famous fictional best friend to capture the essence of the holiday!
- “A promise between friends means never having to give a reason” — Phoebe Buffet, Friends
- “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work” — Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
- “We’re like Friends. I am Chandler, and Joey, and uh, Pam is Rachel, and Dwight is… Kramer.” — Michael Scott, The Office
- “Look, if I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would” — Jackie Burkhart, That 70’s Show
- “We’re friends, real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I’ll still be here.” — Meredith Grey, Greys Anatomy
- “If you’re looking for a word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want, no matter how much it destroys you, it’s ‘love.’” — Ted Mosby, How I Met Your Mother
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” — Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter
- “True friends are hard to come by…” —Calvin, Calvin and Hobbs
- “I’m glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.” — Frodo Baggins, Lord of the Rings
- “I have been and always shall be your friend.” — Spock, Star Trek
Inspirational National Best Friends Day Quotes
If you will be spending the holiday apart and want to send your bestie a note or gift, sign the card with an inspirational National Best Friends Day quote to make their day!
- “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
- “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
- “My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you’re most ashamed of.” — Jodie Foster
- “Friendship is the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words.” — George Eliot
- “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” — Eugene Kennedy
- “A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.” — Charles Darwin
- “A friend is one of the nicest things you can have and one of the best things you can be.” –— Winnie The Pooh
- “No matter how tired I am, I get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends. Or have a sleepover. Otherwise my life is just all work.” — Jennifer Lawrence
Best Friends Day Quotes That Will Make You Cry
For simply wishing your bestie well over the phone or cheersing a glass of wine together via a video call we’ve picked the top sentimental quotes to express your true feelings of friendship. For even more inspiration explore our guide to best friend quotes for every type of friendship.
- As we get older, we realize it’s less important to have a ton of friends and more important to have real ones.
- You should never have to think twice about who your real friends are.
- Fake friends believe in rumors; best friends believe in you.
- Friends are who’s with you at your celebration; best friends are who’s standing next to you at rock bottom.
- The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.
- Be with those who bring out the best, not the stress, in you.
- A best friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you, even when you’re fooling everyone else.
- Hard times will always reveal true friends.
Although many of us are apart, we can still cherish our memories of friendship and celebrate those we hold in our hearts this National Best Friends Day. Here at ProFlowers we’re doing everything we can to bring people together through acts of kindness and safe deliveries of heartfelt gifts. For more inspiration and “wow” worthy gift ideas explore all of our bouquets for National Best Friends Day.