Let’s say you’ve just been invited to an Easter or spring brunch, or you want to make something special for your mom on Mother’s Day. What to bring? What to make? Hmmm…
Here’s the answer: Quiche! Not just any quiche, this is a simple Hash Brown Quiche that’s gluten-free (bonus points!) and has ham, which adds great flavor and is healthier than bacon. We’ve served the Hash Brown Quiche with side salads or fruit salads. And of course, we personally think that fresh ingredients pair well with fresh flowers, like our new line of Easter bouquets!
Here’s the Recipe:
– 24 oz. frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1 cup shredded hot pepper jack cheese
– 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
– 1 cup diced ham
– ½ cup milk
– 2 eggs
– a dash of salt & pepper
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
– Grease a 9” or 10” pie dish
– Press thawed hash browns into your pie dish. Essentially you are making a ‘crust’ of hash browns so build up the sides of the dish as well. Melt your butter and then brush or dab all over the hash browns.
– Cook for 25 minutes
– Then mix together your eggs, milk and salt & pepper. You can add more seasonings if you like, but we found that the hot pepper jack cheese adds a lot of flavor.
– Once the hash browns have cooked for 25 minutes, take them out and reduce your oven temp to 325 degrees F.
– Fill potato crust with ham and cheeses. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the top and place back in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until set.
Options & Notes:
For the ham, we went to the deli section of the local grocery store and asked for a ½” to 1” slice of their ham. That way you don’t have to bake a whole ham for this recipe. Like most quiche dishes, you can change a few things up like combining different types of cheese or adding minced onions. If you’re dying for bacon or a veggie in your quiche then add it in and let us know how it goes!
We’ve also put together a spring brunch checklist to make brunch planning easy. With this list and the recipe above, we just know you’ll throw a great get-together. Let us know how brunch turned out in the comments below or on Facebook!