Do you have an anniversary approaching? If you are looking for ways to make it extra special, we have a few ideas. With over 50 options to choose from, our flowchart will help you find the perfect anniversary date idea.
Below you will find date ideas for the outdoor explorer, the food connoisseur, and even the budget shopper. We also added gift suggestions that will help make the evening even more memorable. Just answer a few questions to find the perfect way to celebrate your special someone!
Share this Image On Your Site
Are you looking for even more date options? Don’t worry, we have you covered! Below is a list of 52 anniversary date ideas organized by category. Whether you are looking for something cultural, a getaway or an easy night-in, we have a few options for you. We also added gift suggestions and pro tips to make your evening one to remember.
Date Ideas for Your Anniversary
- Get dressed up to the nines and visit the Opera.
- Visit a museum and bask in the culture.
Gift Idea – Buy an annual pass when you find a museum you enjoy.
- Take in local art at a gallery nearby.
Pro Tip – Galleries often having opening parties for new exhibits!
- Pretend to be tourists in your own city.
- Go to the ballet.
- Learn to play an instrument together.
- Check out what your local college has to offer. Many schools have lecture series and performances.
- Take a painting class and channel your inner Picasso.
- Take a cooking class at your favorite restaurant.
Pro Tip – This is the gift that keeps on giving. You will have a romantic meal you can whip up together anytime!
- Take a pottery lesson.
- Take a tour of your local brewery.
Gift Idea – Remember their favorite beer and buy it for the next special occasion.
- Brew your own beer at home.
- Check out a local weekend market.
Pro Tip – Buy fresh finds to make a delicious dinner.
- Check out your local winery and go wine tasting.
- Make a fondue dinner and dessert. Nothing is more romantic than dipped strawberries.
- If your sweetheart has a sweet tooth, take them chocolate tasting. Yes, this is a thing!
Gift Idea -Note what their favorite chocolate was and buy it for your next anniversary.
- Try an adventurous dinner like Ethiopian or Moroccan food.
- Relax and take a spa day.
Gift Idea – Buy them a nice robe as a reminder of your blissful day.
- Take a dinner cruise on the high seas.
- Go horseback-riding.
- Take a trip to a country Bed & Breakfast.
Pro Tip – Order a bouquet of roses and a bottle of champagne to be waiting in the room and set the romantic mood for the weekend.
- Visit hot springs and soak in some nutrients.
- Make a romantic brunch at home.
Gift Idea – Get their favorite flowers for an extra thoughtful centerpiece.
- Volunteer together and make the world just a little bit better.
Gift Idea – Make a donation in their name.
- Take a spin to the drive-in.
Gift Idea – Bring their favorite sweets to enjoy with popcorn and a movie.
- Take a drive to the best lookout point and spend an evening stargazing.
Gift Idea – Make the evening extra romantic with a bouquet of roses and some dipped strawberries.
- Visit your local botanical garden.
- For the more adventurous couples, why not take a ski trip!
Gift Idea – Buy them some cute cold weather gear.
- Plan a surprise, spontaneous trip.
- Hit the road and go exploring.
Pro Tip – Put some thought into your road trip snacks to make the trip extra enjoyable.
- Spend a day at the theme park.
- For the young at heart, hit the go-kart track.
- If you are looking for an adrenaline rush, go rock-climbing.
- Go back to the place you first met and literally take a stroll down memory lane.
- See your favorite band.
Gift Idea – Snag a concert tee when they aren’t paying attention.
- If you are a dancing duo, hit the club for ’80s or ’90s night.
- Flashback to middle school by spending an evening at the roller skating rink.
- Visit a comedy club and laugh the night away.
- Strap on your dancing shoes and go salsa dancing.
- Spark friendly competition at your local arcade.
- Attend a sporting event.
Gift Idea – Buy a team jersey so you can support your team with pride.
- If you both love jeopardy, try participating in a trivia night.
- Visit the bowling alley for a laidback night out.
- Have some fun trying to hit a hole-in-one on the mini golf course.
- Try a trendy workout class.
Gift Idea – If they enjoy it, buy a class package and continue the health kick.
- Sign up for a color run and be ready for tons of great photos.
- Take a bike ride at night.
- If you are always on the go, enjoy a night in with the best that Netflix has to offer.
- Plan a game night and break out the old board games.
- Have a pretend power outage date night in and cut off all electronics. Cuddle up with some candles and your favorite bottle of wine.
- Create a bucket list together.
Pro Tip – You can work on checking items off every year on your anniversary!
- Build a fire at home and roast some s’mores.
Now that you have your date idea, don’t forget to pick a gift to commemorate the evening. Consult our gift guide at the top to find an option that will make your date even better. Maybe a bottle of their favorite champagne or a blooming bouquet of roses would be the cherry on top of a perfect evening.
If you are looking to keep the post-anniversary bliss going, try our 30 day relationship challenge! All of the challenges are simple things you can do that are backed by science to keep the spark alive.