Roses are the quintessential flower of romance - but they're not restricted to it! Whether you're sending a bouquet of anniversary flowers to the special someone in your life, reminding your mom how important she is to you, or saying congratulations to that new graduate, a rose bouquet is the perfect way to send your love. Browse our collection of stunning blooms, from passionate crimson to playful yellow and even mysterious dark blue.
What do rose flowers symbolize?
Rose flowers are often considered symbols of love, adoration, and passion. While that's certainly true of red roses, ProFlowers offers numerous colors to choose from, each symbolizing their own unique message. Some colors with special meanings include:
- Yellow roses: Yellow roses signify cheer, joy, and excitement, making them perfect for graduations and flowers for mom's birthday.
- Orange roses: Orange roses symbolize energy, vitality, friendship, or passion, and are great for friends and lovers alike.
- Blue roses: Blue roses mean mystery and the unattainable, which is ideal for a complicated romance.
- White roses: White roses symbolize youth, purity, and rebirth, making them an excellent choice for weddings and new moms.
- Multicolored roses: Multicolored roses signify cheer, fun, passion and enjoyment of life - perfect for all occasions!
What is special about a rose bouquet?
Roses have been a prized flower for millennia. It's easy to see why: their gorgeous concentric petals that spiral out in a mesmerizing Fibonacci pattern and their delicate perfumed scent that brings thoughts of love and peace are enough to make them a beloved favorite. However, that's not all.
Roses are especially favored due to their evocation of love. When you're trying to woo someone, show your significant other how important they are to you, or make amends after a fight, a bouquet of a dozen roses is always a sure bet. With so many options to choose from, ProFlowers makes rose delivery easy. Simply pick the color and style of bouquet that you think best fits the occasion, then click to send to get a roses delivery sent to whoever the lucky recipient is.
How do you care for your roses delivery?
Caring for a bouquet of roses is simple if you follow these instructions:
- First, cut the stems of your roses to fit the size of your vase. Be sure to cut the stems at a diagonal.
- Then, fill your vase with fresh water at about room temperature.
- Stir in a packet of flower food.
- Place the roses in the water and arrange them to your liking.
- Place your vase and bouquet in a spot that gets plenty of indirect sunlight, but doesn't get too overheated.
- Repeat this process every 2 to 3 days to ensure that your roses last as long as possible.
With the right care and attention, your rose bouquet can last up to a week or even a little longer. Plus, with ProFlowers, you can rest assured that you will receive only the freshest, loveliest rose bouquets from our local growers around the country.