An exotic flower grown in warm, sultry climates, ProFlowers produces orchids of the highest quality. Arriving already bloomed, carefully immerse the entire orchid in water for 10 minutes to refresh the blooms. This little trick will help the flowers live a longer vase life.
When you receive your box of ProFlowers orchids, you will find they are accompanied by 2 packets of floral food and instructions on caring for the flowers. Follow the instructions below and the ones provided in the box and your orchids last anywhere from 7-21 days.
1) With care, un-wrap the protective plastic liner from the top of your bouquet.
2) Pull off the bag that covers the vials of water encasing the bottom of the stems. Then remove each vial from the flowers. The vials help to keep your flowers fresh in transit from our fields to your home.
3) In your vase, mix together room temperature water and only 1 packet of flower food.
4) Cut, at an angle, approximately one inch off the stems of your bouquet. Insert them directly into the water filled vase. This cutting step opens up the flower’s pores and allows them to drink water. The angle makes it easier to absorb the water.
5) If there is excess foliage on the stems that will fall below the water level, remove it. This excess foliage can cloudy the water, as well as prevent the actual blossoms from getting enough.
6) Your orchids should always be away from direct sunlight, heat and drafts. And they should always live in a room that has a cool temperature.
7) Re-cut stems, replace water and put in second packet of flower food on day 3 or when the water is turning yellow and cloudy. If the water has changed colors, this means that bacteria has developed, which will cause the flowers to wilt faster.