Picked when the bloom is just starting to show color and shipped from the farms of coastal California, the ProFlowers’ Iris bouquet arrives in the magical ready-to-bloom stage. Watch them gracefully unfold to reveal their inner beauty.
When you receive your beautiful ProFlowers irises, notice they are accompanied by 2 packets of floral food, as well as iris care instructions. Follow the instructions below and the ones provided in the box and your irises will bloom over the next 1-2 days.
1) Delicately un-wrap the protective plastic liner that surrounds your bouquet.
2) Pulling with one swift tug, remove the bag that covers the floral foam, and the floral foam itself off your bouquet. This will let the bag catch all extra floral foam that may cause a mess. The floral foam is placed there to keep your irises fresher while they are transit to your home.
3) Rinse any excess foam off the bottom of your stems.
4) If any foliage on the stems will fall below the water line, strip it off. If you do not do this, the excess foliage can muddy the water. It can also drink too much of the provided water, so the actual blossoms don’t get any.
5) Cut 1 inch off the stems, at an angle and under water. Cutting the stems opens the flower’s pores and allows them to drink water. Doing this at an angle makes it easier to absorb the water.
6) In your flower vase, mix room temperature water and 1 packet of flower food.
7) Keep an eye on the color of the water. If it is yellow and cloudy, re-cut the stems, change the water and add the second packet of flower food. If the water is starting to change colors, this means that bacteria is growing, which causes the flowers to wilt faster. If the water is clear, do this on day 3.
8) Protect your Irises from direct sunlight, heat and drafts. The flowers will last longer if they are kept in a cool temperature.
Keep in mind that irises are toxic for cats to ingest. So place these beautiful flowers where they will not accidentally be eaten by your fury friend!