When it comes to Valentine’s Day, the old-fashioned tradition of sending flower arrangements is still the perfect romantic gesture. However, even as modern day dating continually evolves, flower gifting is still often perceived as a man’s chivalrous duty.
This Valentine’s Day, ProFlowers’ is challenging what we perceive as societal dating norms in order to bring equality to flower sending with Chivalry is Shared. With social media, dating apps dating game has changed, old conventions are fading and views on gender roles are shifting. In fact, according to a recent Nielsen survey*, a majority of Americans (91%) believe women shouldn’t be afraid to make the first move in a relationship.
Younger generations of women are no longer holding back when it comes to making moves in their relationships, women ages 18-34 are more than twice as likely as those ages 45+ to have initiated a first kiss. Furthermore, nearly three quarters (73%) of women 18-34 agree that it is empowering to be the one to make the first move.
Even with women’s increased confidence and empowered approach to dating, flower gifting continues to hold strong with old traditions. The same survey revealed 90% of women reported receiving flowers while the majority of men (53%) report never receiving flowers from anyone. But why is the art of flower gifting so outdated?
That’s why we are turning the tables this Valentine’s Day. We want women to feel confident in celebrating all their relationships in a new, chivalrous way.
Don’t be afraid to go against standard gifting practices and let ProFlowers help you take the lead this year with a beautiful bouquet, plant or gift for the love in your life.
Here is some inspiration to spark the romance:
- Show them you love them twice as much with our Double the Love our heart bamboo plants.
- New, budding relationship? Send your Valentine these Sweetheart Tulips as a sweet gesture.
- For the stylish guy who is looking to freshen up their home or office, the Snake Plant, White Marble Pothos, or Golden Pothos tabletop plant adds a sleek look to any space.
- Start your romantic night with Gourmet Dipped Valentine’s Strawberries and in love with each delicious bite.
- Say ‘I love you’ with Two Dozen classic red roses. Symbolizing pure romance, adopt a tradition and share with the love in your life.
- You are the perfect pair, why not show your special someone how much they mean to you with One Dozen Red Roses with 6 Fancy Strawberries.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll on behalf of ProFlowers from January 16-18, 2018 among 2,033 U.S. adults ages 18 and older. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Amy Toosley (email@example.com)