How to arrange flowers You don’t need to be a professional to create beautiful, picture perfect send flower bouquets. Simply follow these steps on how to arrange flowers to make your bouquets stunning, elegant and fresh for seven days guaranteed.
- When your flowers arrive, take them out of the ProFlowers signature box. Simply peel off the protective wrap and lay out your stems.
- Cut the stems of your flowers at an angle so that the bloom will stand about one to three inches from the top of the vase.
- If you have roses, remove the guard petals. These petals are harder than normal rose petals and surround the rose bud, creating a protective rim.
- Remove any leaves that would be submerged under water when the stem is placed in the vase.
- Use one flower food packet and pour it into the vase. This will keep your flowers fresher longer.
Arranging Your Flowers
- Place each stem in the vase spiraling around the rim, working from the outside in.
- If you have a mixed bouquet, start with the type of flower that has the highest quantity.
- Crisscross stems while arranging your flowers. This will lift some flowers to create volume in the middle of the bouquet.
- Place the flowers with the least quantity last (think of them as an accessory!)
Maintaining Your Bouquet
- Once your flowers have been arranged, expect them to begin to bloom within three days.
- After the third day, change the water in your vase and add your second packet of flower food.
Things to Remember Practice makes perfect! There is no need to get discouraged if you have to start over or forget a step. Have fun with your flowers and try different ideas with new experiments. And, no matter how you decide to arrange your bouquet, remember the most beautiful flowers are those given from the heart.