Have no plans for Valentine’s Day yet? Ladies, turn that frown upside down, invite your girlfriends over and fire up the Netflix for a Galentine’s movie night! Gentlemen, the pressure’s on and expectations are high but our handy fail-proof guide has something she’s sure to love.
Don’t let the overwhelming selection of romance and rom coms available on Netflix ruin your ladies night or kill the mood. Our guide can help you find the best fitting movie, for whatever the occasion.
Tips for a Valentine’s Day Movie Night
Who said a movie night is boring? Here are some tips to get everyone excited:
- Bake up some snacks. Make something extra special like decadent brownies or punch up popcorn with drizzled chocolate and candy.
- Make a signature cocktail. Champagne pairs perfectly with Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
- Double up with a spa night. You know what makes Clueless even better? Pampering yourself Beverly Hills style. Set up simple spa items like face masks, foot baths and scented candles.
- Bring it outdoors. For those living in warmer climates at night, hang a sheet over a clothes line and project your movie for a fun “drive in” feel. Don’t forget comfy chairs and cushions!
- Test your movie knowledge. It’s hard to keep friends interested in a film they’ve already seen. Next time, think of a clever game to watch along with it, like “I Spy” or trivia.
- Costume contest. Make it a group night and get into the romance theme by having everyone dress up like their favorite leading man or lady.
- Plan an intermission. Whether it’s back to back features or a whole night with Gone with the Wind, plan a break in the middle to chat and refill on snacks.
- Bring on the comfort. If your thrift store loveseat doesn’t scream “romance,” bring pillows, comforters, sleeping bags and anything comfy to cozy up on the floor instead.
You Bring the Movie, We’ll Bring the Glam
While you debate Johnny Depp vs. Tom Cruise for best movie hunk, gift your hostess or special someone with a Valentine’s Day bouquet.